We are happy to employ a wide range of teachers, some with little or no experience and others with much more.
The following is information on requirements for teachers and a brief job description.
- 1. Residence. For legal reasons we usually only employ teachers from EU countries or those from outside the EU who already have official residence in Spain.
- 2. Education. Teachers should have a good level of education and be interested in improving themselves.Most teachers will have a degree, but more important than this is the interest in one´s continuing education and also the willingness/disposition to help others.
- 3. TEFL. Teachers are usually expected to have a four-week TEFL qualification such as an RSA TEFLA, CELTA or TRINITY TESOL certificate.
- 4. Experience. We are happy to employ a wide range of teachers, some with little or no experience and others with much more. As we have specific departments we are always interested in people with specific experience for example with Young Learners or juniors and teens, whether this experience be in an EFL environment or a state educational system. Teachers with experience teaching adults in respected academies are also welcome to apply.
- 5. Personal Attributes. Personal attributes are perhaps our greatest consideration.We are looking for teachers who genuinely enjoy teaching, take pride in their work and are concerned about their students' progress and welfare.They should be friendly, eager to learn, easy to work with, willing to share ideas, good humoured and prepared to make a positive contribution to the school. We for our part try to be friendly, understanding, supportive and provide good working conditions.
We do not have any national, racial, sexist or age prejudices. We have or have had working with us teachers from Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Belgium, France, Malta and Brazil including teachers from different ethnic backgrounds.
- 6. Job Description. A full-time contract is 24 contact hours.Attendance required at a weekly meeting/training session.Teachers may teach a mix of young learners, juniors, teens or adults. Teachers work in blocks usually between 16.00 and 22.00, Monday to Friday, although there is an increasing amount of morning work.Duties include lesson planning, class admin, report writing and parents' meetings.
The contract runs from mid-September to end-June, although some termly and part-time contracts may be available.There will be a paid induction week, the second week of September.Our holidays are usually 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Easter and Tuesday-Friday during the April Fair in Seville.There are also a number of other public holidays during the year.
We offer a competitive salary with a series of increments depending on experience, fully paid holidays and 75% of a month's salary on completion of a 9 month contract.
- 7.Recruitment dates. Although the school year runs from mid-September to the end of June, we run intensive courses throughout the year. Therefore, even though our main recruitment period is from April to the start of the course in September, we do recruit throughout the year.For more information contact the Head of Studies firstname.lastname@example.org.