This is a friendly school where equality and respect are the basis for interaction both inside and outside the classroom.
THE CENTRO DE IDIOMAS MACARENA was founded in 1983. The school is organised around the following principles
(1) The importance of good personal relations. This is a friendly school where equality and respect are the basis for interaction both inside and outside the classroom.
- In the classroom the relationship betwen the teacher and the students is of the upmost importance, teachers normally have an easy going but mutually respectful relationship with their students.
- The teachers work and interact well together.
- The teachers have the full support of the management team.
- There should be the maximum contact possible between administration and students, who need to feel free to express their suggestions and opinions.
- It´s fundamental that parents should have contact with teachers, the Head of Studies and the Director.
(2) Information to students, parents and the public.The information about the school, its methods and student's progress should be as detailed as possible. This process begins when students first walk in through the door. The Director, The Head of Studies, the teachers and the secretaries are all responsible for making sure that the information given is as accurate and complete as possible. Parents of children and teenagers receive progress reports at the end of each term and are invited to meetings with teachers after Christmas and at the end of the school year.
(3) Care for the individual student.
- We believe everybody is able to learn and try to help each person learn as much as possible in the way that best suits them.
- We put students into groups according to age, level, potential and other factors.
- If there are any problems we try to solve them as quickly and harmoniously as possible, taking into consideration the interests of the individual and of the group.
(4) "We never believe we've arrived". We´re always trying to improve our organisation, methods and facilities. While wishing to conserve the fundamental spirit we try to maintain a critical and innovative attitude.